It's Five O'Clock Somewhere . .

General Discussion, please do not discuss politics or religion
slidingtom

Re: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere . .

Post by slidingtom »

The thought that he'll be in office for another twelve days is real scary...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read that THe President cannot pardon hisself? That he would need to turn over office to the vice president who then could pardon the former president?

I have watched a video of that big mouth D.T.Jr. where he claimed that the GOP is not the GOP anymore but it's D.T.'s GOP now.
Now there's another one who needs to be brought to trial.
MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale »

Yes, you are very correct about the 12 days of Christmas, oh wait Trumpness - There are calls for his resignation, impeachment, article 25 (unfit to serve - mentally or physically). Likely none of this will happen, but a boy can dream. :roll:
The question of being able to pardon himself has never been decided by our Supreme Court.
I fully expect he will (try) the question will most surely be brought up and work it's way through the courts if he does, but that will take time.

As to Don Jr. OMFG! as I said the HOLE family is major league corrupt and now days later, most Republicans are still backing the Prez.
Don Jr and the so called lawyer for Trump, Rudy Giuliani are as guilty for inciting the actions on the 6th. :x

I still fear that more could very well happen, since the far right is now claiming that radical left 'Antifa' was responsible for the uprising and not Trump supporters. If I've learned anything in the last four years is - if you repeat something enough times, for some, it becomes truth. :(

Wish us luck, I'm afraid we'll need it.
Our only saving grace is Joe Biden is calming force a steady character - that's good, but I fear for his and his VP's safety.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .
slidingtom

Post by slidingtom »

MelvinDale wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:28 pm
Wish us luck, I'm afraid we'll need it.
Oh I do - believe me.
MelvinDale wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:28 pm
I fear for his and his VP's safety.
With so many crazy MFs on Trump's side that's another scary thought...
MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale »

slidingtom wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:07 am
With so many crazy MFs on Trump's side that's another scary thought...
Some are friends and relatives as well - that's even scarier.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .
MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale »

Holding my breath . . . .
slidingtom

Post by slidingtom »

MelvinDale wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:02 pm Holding my breath . . . .
Fingers crossed that there will not be any trouble anywhere...