Tinnitus "cure"

General Discussion, please do not discuss politics or religion
VIN

Tinnitus "cure"

Post by VIN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:22 am

Hello lads,

This is too big to go in the five o'clock thread ! Yesterday, at 14:45 hours, I saw this screenshot at the bottom of a tread and did as suggested and... for the first time in many years, the constant ringing went to a barely noticeable level.
:!: Don't scroll down to try it yourself right away, though ! Please do read the rest.

The ringing was back to a noticeable level again at about 20:30 hours, but even then, it was still more quiet than usual. When I tried to fall asleep around midnight, it was very noticeable, but not as "deafening" as usual. Then to think I didn't even do it correctly ! I just covered my ears and tapped the soft spot on the back of my head for 15 seconds like one would tap the desk while impatiently waiting for a computer to unfreeze.

The correct way of doing this, is in the video below. Now, it does say "please consult with a doctor before attempting this technique" at the end, but I don't think you have to book an appointment to ask for permission to flick yourself on the back of the head. :lol: It's more about the fact that tinnitus could be a symptom of something and then it's better to find and treat the cause instead of the symptom.

Now then, here are the video and the screenshot. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. :D
Do share this with fellow musicians who might be suffering !

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBgkPOGD6gw[/youtube]

slidingtom

Re: Tinnitus "cure"

Post by slidingtom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 am

Hi VIN! I'm happy to hear that it did in fact help you - fingers crossed that it's a long term thing. I've had tinnitus myself since 1996 but it never got any worse than when it started. I rarely notice it except when I think of it or someone mentions tinnitus (I hear it now.... :lol: ). I will try the method nonetheless - can't do any harm, can it? Cheers for the link! :D

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks Vin - I tried it and it didn't work, but I'm more than willing to keep at it - was going to say I have nothing to lose, but that's not true,
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

VIN

Post by VIN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Cheers, lads. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, Melv. I hope a different remedy will present itself one day soon that does the trick for you.
Have you tried it yet, Tom ?

slidingtom

Post by slidingtom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:32 pm

VIN wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:58 pm
Cheers, lads. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, Melv. I hope a different remedy will present itself one day soon that does the trick for you.
Not yet - I'll definitely let you know.

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:43 pm

VIN wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:58 pm
Hey Vin,
Like Tom had said, I don't think about it until someone brings up the subject - tried three times yesterday, cause I'll I could think about was damn hissssin' in my ears. :roll:

I'll try it some more though . . . workin on a song with this new drum beat in or on my head.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

slidingtom

Post by slidingtom » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:03 am

So how has it been in the long run by now VIN? Did the relief last or are you back to your usual level of noise? Curious minds want to know....

VIN

Post by VIN » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm

It took two and a half days before the ringing was back to its usual level.

I'm experiencing a severe cold with leakage from every nostril and eye and a headache to with it as well. The light tapping I did earlier doesn't bring the ringing down at this point, but I figured the noise that I'm used to can't be as bad as flicking myself fifty times on the back of a painful head. :lol: