Crab Apple Tree

Share your photographs and talk cameras
VIN

Crab Apple Tree

Post by VIN » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:01 am

Nowhere near as impressive as Gwumpz' shots, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
From the kitchen window, I can see the top of a crab apple tree. When in bloom, this always reminded me of the Almond Blossom that Van Gogh painted after his nephew and namesake was born.
Attachments
Sierappel.jpg

slidingtom

Re: Crab Apple Tree

Post by slidingtom » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Beautiful!

VIN

Post by VIN » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Thank, Tom ! :D It does capture a bit of the vibe from the painting.

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:48 pm

Wow, not that isn't very beautiful, but makes me rather jealous - I'm still dealing with bare trees (thank you Danny Kirwan) and snow.
Can't wait to see some green leaves and blossoms.
When I was a kid my aunt took me to the Detroit Institute of Arts for a traveling Van Gogh exhibit - since then he's always been one of my faves
van Eyck has always been my #1 - love the detail in his work.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

slidingtom

Post by slidingtom » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:07 am

MelvinDale wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:48 pm

When I was a kid my aunt took me to the Detroit Institute of Arts for a traveling Van Gogh exhibit - since then he's always been one of my faves
Funny that you mention that. When I was a kid my dad took me to a travelling Van Gogh exhibit as well and though I was still a kid without any clue of art I still remember that I was heavily impressed. (Same exhibit maybe since we're close in age?)

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:44 am

slidingtom wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:07 am

Funny that you mention that. When I was a kid my dad took me to a travelling Van Gogh exhibit as well and though I was still a kid without any clue of art I still remember that I was heavily impressed. (Same exhibit maybe since we're close in age?)
You're probably right Tom.
Do you do any art yourself? I'd ask VIN, but it's pretty obvious he does.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

slidingtom

Post by slidingtom » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 pm

MelvinDale wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:44 am
You're probably right Tom.
Do you do any art yourself? I'd ask VIN, but it's pretty obvious he does.
As a kid and in my teens I did a lot of drawing and painting, I just loved it. Studied at college for graphic design but then music got in the way... :lol:

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:52 pm

slidingtom wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 pm

As a kid and in my teens I did a lot of drawing and painting, I just loved it. Studied at college for graphic design but then music got in the way... :lol:
WOW Tom :o - more than impressive.

My specialty was a Bic pen . . . I should try and drag out my old sketch pad, it's not like I'm going to the beach.
What with snow, cold weather and something else . . what was it now? Oh yeah STAY HOME.

If I find any of my old pics that are worthy (not likely) I'll post one.