2019 World Championships...

General Discussion, please do not discuss politics or religion
Happy Grumpz
Site Admin

2019 World Championships...

Post by Happy Grumpz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am

I'm sure you're all aware by now that I have once again been selected to play for Great Britain.

We're taking 2 teams, Masters (over 38's) and Veterans (over 45's). Thankfully I'm playing for the Veterans as those 'kids' playing for the Masters can't half shift!

This years World Championships are being held in Asiago and Roana (Italy) although I believe we're playing all our games out of Roana.

The Tournament starts on the 10th June and finishes on the 15th, I believe all the games will be streamed live on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWY4Yv ... mSoZjyPQNg although I'll post game links for anyone interested ;)

Now for the important part, it's all self funded, we get no support by any governing body in he UK which is an absolute disgrace, but it is what it is.

We've set a go fund me page to help pay for jerseys etc. If you can spare a few £££ it would be hugely appreciated by the whole team.

https://www.gofundme.com/gb-veteransa-w ... Um8zYpGG5g

Teams that have confirmed for the 45's are...

Czech Republic
Slovakia
USA
Canada
Italy
France
Australia
Germany

I'm really hoping we get to play USA, Canada and Germany but who knows.

Fingers crossed we have a good tournament and hopefully I don't make a complete tit of myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

slidingtom

Re: 2019 World Championships...

Post by slidingtom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Happy Grumpz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am

Fingers crossed we have a good tournament and hopefully I don't make a complete tit of myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Supported! ;)

Happy Grumpz
Site Admin

Re: 2019 World Championships...

Post by Happy Grumpz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Thank you, Tom. That’s very much appreciated :)