Yes I Like . . .

Discuss all aspects of music
MelvinDale

Yes I Like . . .

Post by MelvinDale » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 pm

Music. :!:
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

Happy Grumpz
Site Admin

Re: Yes I Like . . .

Post by Happy Grumpz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am

HAHA

Same, although I like some music more than others ;)

VIN

Post by VIN » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 am

Sounds swell ! Could you name an example of some music you like ?

Happy Grumpz
Site Admin

Post by Happy Grumpz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 am

VIN wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 am
Sounds swell ! Could you name an example of some music you like ?
Likes...

Most rock/metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Muse, Ozzy

Dislikes...

Justin Bieber

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:44 am

I've learned to like./love all sorts, but being an old fart the 60's still reign supreme.
Growing up in Detroit we had Motown, so yeah, any and everything from the Temps to Marvin, to . . .
The Beatles (DUH!) and all that came with it. I was told once that the song that was #1 on your 14th birthday defines you.
"I'm Telling You Now"
But underground radio led me to the West Coast and Quicksilver Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane and the three guitar, five vocal attack of Moby Grape - still one of my all time faves.
I'll fill in some holes as time goes on . . .
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:20 pm

. . . In the 80's I went head over heals for Classical - Chopin in particular and a Canadian pianist Glenn Gould. His recording were interesting - you could tell they were recorded live since you can hear him grunting while playing.
Another craze I feel into at that time was SKA. A very good friend of mine used to spend a good deal of time in Jamaica and turned me on to some of the original stuff, but it was again the English that I glommed on to.
That said, early Joe Jackson was a huge influence on my listening preferences and 'Blaze of Glory' I just dragged out and played less than a month ago and still sounds great - timeless.
I'll fill in more holes as time goes on . . . (I repeat myself when I'm distressed)
:arrow: