So . . . . What Up?

General Discussion, please do not discuss politics or religion
MelvinDale

So . . . . What Up?

Post by MelvinDale » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Since last we spoke :D I've made a couple of major changes in my life.
I've given my band of 30+ years the heads up and tomorrow I get to tell my boss -I bought a house.:oops:

The commute might be a bit much, since its 405 kilometers from where we live now.
Won't move for a couple of months, so I can give them a good lead time - plus they have an office in the city we're relocating to . . . so.
Fairly sure that won't be an option, but I'll throw it out there. 8-)

The band is playing a wedding gig about 24 km from where I'm moving in June and 2 weeks after we play on Mackinac Island an hour away.
So I won't far to drive for those, but my High School Reunion is the week in-between - Oh and I'll driving back and forth trying to move, but that goes without question.

My eyes are better Tom - cataract surgery has made a HUGE or Bigly difference.
The city I'm headed to is very cool (literally and figuratively) so hoping to find some folks to play music with - or I might finally learn to play guitar -that could be good. ;)

More later, but want to know What Up?
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

slidingtom

Re: So . . . . What Up?

Post by slidingtom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 am

Good luck with your upcoming move, Melvin - fingers crossed that everything will go smooth!
Glad to hear that your operation turned out well!
Re: Mackinac Island: I know that - been there once when on tour with my late friend Eddy Clearwater. I was the designated driver for a short tour of three days. After the gig in Des Moines/Iowa I drove all night and the next day to make it in time for a wedding gig on Mackinac Island - tough one!

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 am

slidingtom wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 am
Re: Mackinac Island: I know that - been there once when on tour with my late friend Eddy Clearwater. I was the designated driver for a short tour of three days. After the gig in Des Moines/Iowa I drove all night and the next day to make it in time for a wedding gig on Mackinac Island - tough one!
Wow Tom - you were as crazy as I was back in the day - that's a good 15 hour drive and then you still have the ferry ride to the Island.
Back in '75 or '76 I drove from Lake Tahoe California . . . home to Detroit - 2 days straight, but I didn't have to play a wedding when I got home.
I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed, I repeat myself when I'm destressed . . .

VIN

Post by VIN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:21 am

Blimey, sounds like quite a lot happened to you, Melv ! I've been out of the loop about what happened here since November.
When I could log in again, I did see a PM by you, but couldn't reply. Better late than never: thank you for checking up on me.

Good that your eyes are better now, I hope everything will turn out alright with the move and such.

Will you be looking for a different band once you've settled there ?

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 pm

VIN wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:21 am
Will you be looking for a different band once you've settled there ?
Hope to VIN - You in? ;)

VIN

Post by VIN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Certainly ! As long as the rehearsal space has a shed for my bicycle. :mrgreen:

MelvinDale

Post by MelvinDale » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:18 am

VIN wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 pm
Certainly ! As long as the rehearsal space has a shed for my bicycle. :mrgreen:
You'll be pleased to know it does, but my calls it her 'She Shed', but it's big enough to get your trike in. :o